Sculpting is AWESOME!

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

Here’s another one of a set of creature sculpts I’m currently working on.

14 Likes

You are on a roll!! I’m liking them all, but this last one of the elephant is amazing. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! It definitely turned out better than I thought it would when I was in the roughing stage lol!

1 Like

This one is still a W.I.P. He needs proper hands and feet lol… but I’ve spent 2 evenings working on this so far and had to move on from playing with hair particles. Learned a lot though, thanks chewy!

10 Likes

Your really good at this! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks man! :smiley:

1 Like

Just another critter creation. I wanted to try something a little different, and thought this beetle had a unique look.

Interesting fact about the Hercules Beetle; it can lift over 850 times its own body weight, and until recently was considered the strongest insect on the planet! (Dung Beetle now holds that title, lifting over 1141 times its own weight!).

11 Likes

Another amazing sculpt!

1 Like

Excellent!
How did you texture it?

1 Like

That actually took some experimenting, but I managed to add a texture to my brush in Vertex Painting like so;

However, I had issues when using multiple layers of Vertex Colors… So I’ve been preparing myself to learn proper Retopology so I can texture paint for far more control over the textures and painting.

4 Likes

One more fun sculpt! This time I was trying to sculpt more detail before attempting some retopology.

13 Likes

Really nice project!
Add some nature around it.

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment FedPete! :smiley: I feel this one was a decent stepping stone for me in starting to do more detailed sculpts. As well as thinking of how the retopo will work while sculpting.

As for giving Frogbert an environment… well, perhaps that will come later. I’d like to also rig it to pose it after retopo. But for now I’m just trying to hone my skills in basic sculpting lol, and hopefully do some actual characters soon! :sunglasses:

1 Like

After a decent amount of research and work I finally managed to pull off my first manual Retopo on a sculpt. Which turned out OK, but definitely could have some better edge loops and some more work around the feet to get a cleaner result… Need more practice.

However, I managed to drop it from 2.5 Million faces down to 7,000. Which is awesome!

First image is the plain retopo, second is with the baked texture map.

5 Likes

Just now came across this thread. These are great!

My reactions:

• the second one looks like Bruce Willis untextured, but a little like Billy Bob Thornton textured (especially the front view)
  • awesome Worf!
  • love the elephant
  • the beetle and the frog: Wow.

Great job! would love to see more of this.

3 Likes

Dinosaurs in your collab have to be made by the author of this.

2 Likes

Thanks man!, The second one was supposed to be my attempt at bruce willis, so I’m glad it sorta looks like him atleast :rofl:.

I’m sure I’ll get around to making more creatures and animals, just been busy with life(it’s summer!) and studying the character creation course.

Cheers eh!

1 Like

Haha I’ve definitely been thinking of making some kinda dinosaur, probably a Velociraptor or a Dilophosaurus since they are some of my favorite!

Haven’t seen a collab for prehistoric creations yet though, perhaps that could be a future collab?

2 Likes

Here is the link New Team Project Though they were supposed to be low poly…
And you have to participate in weekly challenges, it’s fun! The Blender Collab: Week 24 Themed Gallery (“The Laboratory”) This one is closing soon, you can join the next one )

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms