Sculpted Busts

Another gamedev course finished, I wanted to do more a friendly satyr vibe, wish I knew how to do some fur for him. I do like how he came out otherwise though. Planning to sculpt a couple more variations using this base, but these will very likely get done tomorrow. Let me know your thoughts.

Cycles

Eevee

8 Likes

Yes, indeed, he looks very friendly. Well done on that part. Remember me on a gnome? in Harry Potter …?

Did you check out the new hair geo nodes? Much improved hair manipulation than the old particles hair. Look up some YouTube tutorials, you can do it!

1 Like

Don’t think I should make a second topic for more busts, but rather add them there. Please let me know if this is incorrect.

Want to make a couple more busts to solidify my feel for sculpting, so I spent some time today on an Orc-ish character inspired by some others I saw in the comments of the course. Not sure if I’ll work on a third one tonight or tomorrow, but excited to try and go for another style or character look.

Eevee

Cycles

3 Likes

Good thing!

It has more female characteristics

• Curvy hair (horns)
  • earrings (whiskers)
  • lips …
1 Like

Back again with that third bust I planned on making. I’ve been enjoying this so I’m sure I’ll add some more overtime. I had forgotten to set the head to render and ended up with this funny image

I keep telling myself I’ll try out a cute-sy small character and somehow, I ended up with a witch instead. I really like how they turned out though. Couldn’t decide on a color palate and all the ‘cartoon witches’ are purple and green or black and green.

Cycles:

Eevee:

I do have the turn tables of all the busts so far, but I am thinking I’d rather compile them all into one video of busts in the future. Let me know your thoughts.

4 Likes

I love that you are continuing the learning journey with multiple sculpts. I wish I could do that too, that’s the best way to learn, but other commitments stop me from going all out. 🥲

2 Likes

Good work with the busts, it’s good to apply your knowledge after acquiring it to a project of your own. With how well you’re doing with the monster busts I think maybe the next step would be a human one, which is slightly harder because you want to avoid uncanny valley.

3 Likes

Was about to post this in a new thread but figured I’d just keep this chain going.

Dnytopo practicing:
Following along with a blender course and didn’t think I was going to take a sphere and practice with the dyntopo but seeing other people post theirs made me want to try it out. It was good to actually see the difference between the different detail options. I had a bit more fun making this little bird then expected especially for only 10-15 minutes of toying around. Not saving him for future work at this time so wanted to share it.

With how well you’re doing with the monster busts I think maybe the next step would be a human one, which is slightly harder because you want to avoid uncanny valley.

This is the plan for sure :slight_smile: Excited to get around to doing it likely this week or early next.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms