Score is not visible in Unity Editor after moving the canvas under Game Status

Unlike in the lecture, when I move the Game Canvas and Score Test under the Game Status in the hierarchy, the score no longer show up in the Unity Editor. When running the game it shows up fine, just not in the Editor. I had to move it slightly to the right, because I have it to the side of the background instead of over the background so you don’t have it where the ball travels or where you might want to place bricks. In order to do that I had to enter a guess for the X value and runt he game to see if it was correct.

In the lesson video Rick doesn’t have this issue. His text is visible both before and after he moves it.

I am using 2019.4.1f1, in case that matters.

Mike RIley

Hi,

Could you please share screenshots of the issue?

Sorry. Should have done that to make it clearer.
Here is how it looks in the Editor:

Here is how it looks in the Game screen:

Thank you for the screenshots. The score display shows up in the game window because the TMP UGUI component is a UI element which is arranged within the big canvas box. That’s correct. I don’t see any problem in your screenshot.

Except in the video I think that is how Rick is doing it, yet his score does show up in the Unity Scene Editor window.

Not sure what the difference is that makes mine invisible.

It does? Could you share a screenshot of the part in the video or point me to the minute? Maybe I misunderstood something.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms