Scenes view does no longer select collections in 3.2

Hey there - just got confused in the video at around minute 7 when you said, in “scenes” view (outliner), when clicking a collection, it would automatically select all the objects…

this is no longer true in 3.2 - clicking a collection there simply does nothing. even right-click “select objects” does nothing - could be a bug in 3.2, it has been released just a few days ago, but the current version does not behave like you show in the video.

Or might this be something that can be set in the preferences? do I need to activate that somehow?

1 Like

No it is an early change, it is right click select objects now has been for some time.

1 Like

i know - i used it like 1000 times since i started the course :slight_smile:

it just does not work (on my machine) when the outliner is in scenes view and not view layers.

1 Like

Stick to View Layers! lol. I have never used anything else. It is probably deliberate that they work differently and are intended for different uses. More a way to select a lower, different view layer to use normally.

2 Likes

Just for info, it doesn’t work in the 2.8 LTS version either.

I like the right-click, Select approach when I’m in the outliner.

When I’m in the 3D View, I like to pick one object, then Shift + G for the Group menu, then O for Collection. I’m finding the especially useful when I have a bunch of collections, nesting, etc.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms