Scene missing renders after Load

Working on a 2d RPG - the portal works properly, loading the new scene, setting the spawn point location for the player, and the Fader is working. BUT the only sprite that is rendering in the new scene is the player - the UI also displays. If I drop an inventory item from the player to the floor, that also renders. And another clue, if I load the scene directly (no portal), it displays fine. But the tile map is not rendering after a portal transition, nor any other sprites I place in the scene. . If I go back to the last scene, all tile maps and other sprites in that scene are also not rendering. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

Are there any errors in the console?

none at all - just the messages that Save was completed twice (as expected).

It looks like the Portal script wasn’t able to find the Player object and move it to the spawnpoint…
Does the Player have the Player tag on it in the 2nd scene?
Also, make sure that no -=other=- objects in the 2nd scene are tagged with the Player tag (common issue when prefabbing)

Yes it moved to the spawnpoint, in fact the player sprite can even move around and go back through the portal. The player can also drop items from their pack which are rendered properly on the blank floor. I also checked all the objects in the new scene for tag “Player” and found none of those. It looks like the Tilemap renderers are not firing up - nor any sprite renderers in the scene when it is loaded. Happy to capture a video if that helps.

For that, I have absolutely no clue, as I work almost exclusively in the 3d realm, doing virtually nothing with TileMaps… Here are some of the only things I can think of…

When you go through the portal, are the GameObjects containing the tiles and other sprites turned on (in the heirarchy itself… are they grayed out at runtime?). Are the renderers on the GameObject still enabled?

ok some progress - it appears that everything is rendering fine - I’m just landing a few screens north of the spawn point! Therefore no tile map underneath lol. Currently working on resetting transforms in prefabs etc, should be able to figure this out I reckon

it was such a simple mistake after all those hours of frustration - the portal spawns were simply 22 units below the tilemaps lol. That’ll teach me not to copy prefabs from other projects!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms