Scene manager

Hello, i already reach the “button load scene”
compare with rick’s, i dont have SceneManager, and rick seem to have one.
Am i missing some scene?

MIne:

Rick:
I can’t screenshot rick because udemy forbid me to do that. :stuck_out_tongue:

(OH i forgot add “using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;”)

Additional:
Cont about this one.
when I recheck again

Seem Rick’s “rect transform” not disable, unlike mine which disables. Am i misisng something?

Additional again.
Until now I didn’t get anything from this course.
if someone told me to redo the first one I bet I can’t do anything.

I am an start as an artist by myself, any tips for me to make some progress.
Is it so hard to become a programmer when you are a game artist?

1 Like

Hi there!

You are not missing a scene, you are missing something called namespace at the top of your code.

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using UnityEngine.SceneManagement; // This is the missing line.

About the canvas, not sure what you meant. A screenshot of your screen and the time and lesson you are on to compare would be great to help you further.

I’ve been on this forums for quite some time and I’ve seen people that could do a game after finishing the first two sections of the course, but I’ve also seen the complete opposite, people that have done not just the 2D and 3D course, but other courses in other sites, yet they still struggle quite a bit with coding. What’s the difference? I’m not quite sure to be honest, I suppose it has something to do with personality, but I don’t want to write an essay about that here.

To make progress, just keep trying and do all the challenges, ask as many questions as you can, take advantage of this forums, and also, experiment a bit, don’t be afraid to break things.

Thanks a lot yee,

i can make buat just from following this course.
out from course not sure that is possible for me.

I was front end web developer and do bit web programmer years ago, but i havent code for years.
and plan redo again seem it really difficult for me.

right now I mostly draw and scrum people.
I think i need some programming skill to understand more about my team.

let back about rect transfrom.
This is mine.

and seems rick have no issue with rect transfrom.

What i am missing?

Ok, I just saw Rick’s Canvas and it is indeed enabled, I’m not 100% as to why is that, it might have something to do with which Unity version he’s using, but don’t worry too much about that, he doesn’t modify it directly, he does modify the childed objects, but those will be enabled.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms