Scaling Confusion

Hello, I seem to be very lost. I am not sure what the point of scaling is unless you are making something precise? Maybe it has to do with my reasons for taking this course. I am not interested in making 3d objects for video game use. I want to be able to design objects to print on my lulzbot taz 6. At least that’s the reason right now. Maybe I will delve into the purpose of video game use later. So changing over from blender units to mm might be the only thing I need to do. I’m honestly not even sure what I am trying to say anymore and I hate feeling so stuck on this. Someone help me, please?

I believe the point about the scaling is to teach us to make something precise size so that is won’t have to be worried about later and is the right size if transferred over to another platform. I don’t tend to worry about it too much because I find that as long as the proportions are correct sizing can be adjusted later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms