Scaling a model without going below the Z Axis

In Section 2, chapter 25 of the Udemy course, the instructor scales his simple church model in the end by a scale of 2 after hitting the S key.

I’m probably doing something wrong because when I try to scale a similar and simply made church model like that, I end up having my model end up going below the Z axis while his remains flat on the Z axis without going below it.

I don’t recall this being in the previous chapters specifically. Is there something I’m supposed to do in Edit or Object mode to accomplish this?

https://www.udemy.com/course/blendertutorial/learn/lecture/13525340

1 Like

Probably means you have the origin point somewhere different, not in the world centre.

2 Likes

You need to scale against something!
By default, it will be the Object origins point (orange dot).
But you can also use other coordinates, like the 3D cursor.
You can also place the origin point at a different location.
Like the bottom base of the church floor.

1 Like

Thanks. These actually helped. I just had to set the object to just at 0 of the Z-Axis then change the origin point of the object by setting the 3D Cursor to the center of the world then clicking on Object then Set Origin and then click Origin to 3D Cursor. After that, I was able to scale it by 2 and it stay above the Z-Axis. Thanks a ton!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms