Saving skin change other way than PlayerPrefab?

Hello!

Just finished the Mobile Developer course. I am planing to release a game on Play Store but You (and may other have said it) that saving skin change with PlayerPrefabs is not safe. Is there a tutorial on how to do it safely?

All the best,

Lauri

Hi,

Thanks for the great question.
I believe Nathan mentions in the course about having to use a server to do this but its not something we cover in any of our courses.
We do a saving system in our RPG course but i am not sure how it would apply to the playstore but its worth grabbing the course if you wanted to learn more advanced programming patterns in unity and c# as well after this.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Hey!

Just a quick follow up. If I do end up using PlayerPrefs, will I lose money on that?
What I mean by that is, if someone hacks into my game will the PlayerPrefs be open to everyone or just for that person? So I’ll lose revenue on that one person not from everybody

Why I’m double checking is that I have ‘Disable Ads’ saved as PlayerPrefs as well.

Thanks for replying,
Lauri

Hi PurrCloud,

Basically it would involve some hacking of the apk/install on the phone so that they get the features without paying for it so it thinks they have paid already.
It wouldnt affect other people who download the game as that would remain unedited.

So in a sense they could change the ‘Disable Ads’ to be true and not pay for it to get around it.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Okey. Cool! So it would only affect them. That’s all I needed to know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms