Satellite Exercise After Lamp!

Friends,

I have done quick one day animation of Satellite after lamp exercise. I have applied HDRI environment and quick UV map on very boxy satellite.

Kindly give your feedback guys!! Many Thanks to @Instructors !!

7 Likes

I think you need to check that link, as it’s giving me a Page Not Found message.

1 Like

Thank you for bringing my attention! I have just corrected the link. @Miss_B

Did you that from Unreal or Unity?

I have done this in Blender Only! @k

1 Like

Wow! It is amazing! Well, from which course?

WOW, that’s a great animation, and it looks so realistic. Well done. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you very much @Miss_B. I am glad!

The animation looks cool but it’s way too fast for my taste, there’s also a little stop from the camera at around second 2.5, it breaks the entire animation.

One of the hardest things about animation is the camera, if you are planning to keep making animations I highly suggest you study a little bit about photography and also study movies and photographers.

Try to tell a story, in any form of art that’s what separates high quality art from amateur art, this requieres practice. I’m not talking about 15 minutes movies, this small scene can make a huge improvement if you try to tell something to the viewer.

Something a lot of artists do is write a little story, in this particular case I would ask, What’s that satellite doing there? Why is it “opening”? Who owns the satellite? It could be literally anything, like the satellite being a super weapon that a James Bond villain owns and it’s getting ready to use it against humanity, in this case you probably would like to change the angle of the camera to point towards the satellite’s target. It could also be the newly NASA’s research telescope, it has been deployed and it’s getting ready to be used for the first time, it’s an exciting moment.

The story can be as long or short as you want, but trust me, if you make this a habit your animations (or anything you want to create) will have a dramatic increase in quality because it puts everything in perspective and gives an execution plan. To me, this animation tho technically correct, it feels like just a bunch of movement put together with no real meaning. Again, it’s great that you did this, is a great animation, but I have to insist, try to tell something to the viewer and make this a habit, it doesn’t matter if it’s a 3 hours movie or a 5 seconds animation.

3 Likes

@Yee Hey Brother! That was quite elaborate and quality feedback there! I would surely focus on what you just explained in my future animations. Thank you very much for taking time to write this.

Cheers.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms