Running into similar problem as everyone else, except on MAC

Mainly, I don’t get the suggestions that you do in terms of finding methods. Intellisense doesn’t seem to work as it does on your videos. For example, I don’t see “A” or “D” as an option in the dropdown menu. In the next video, I don’t get autocomplete for Rigidbody class nor can I find methods after typing rb. I don’t get any information about my code from hovering over things either.

I get this message everytime I open VS Code: “Some Projects have trouble loading. Please review the output for more details.”

I’m checking out everyone’s concerns and Gamedev’s response to them. It’s always the go through everything on this website: Visual Studio Code and Unity
and “checking the console of the VS code”.

The “.NET Framework 4.7.1 (Developer Pack)” mentioned many times is a windows only program, and there is no .NET installation available for mac that has the word “Framework” in it or even has the versions starting with 4.

Could you list out possible solutions for all the mac users out there?

Thank you in advance

Hi Haesoo,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

On Mac, install the MONO Framework. It is also mentioned on the website you linked.
https://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/

Hi, I did that but it didn’t change anything.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Are there any error messages in your console? Maybe one mentioning omnisharp? If so, do what it suggestes and set “Omnisharp: Use Global Mono” / “omnisharp.useGlobalMono” to “always” in the settings of VS Code.

If nothing helped, install and use Visual Studio (Community Edition). For some students, VS Code simply does not work well. Maybe due to a problem with Unity, some update or whatever.

1. Download VS and follow this instruction.
  2. Select VS as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools).
  3. Install the “Visual Studio Editor” package in the Package Manager.

That should work.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms