Running Abby

abby04
For the TV head character, I decided to create a different character and animate her running through a looping environment.

I made a rough concept, modeled her out, did the ol’ rigmarole, and made a few animations of her running before I settled on one. I used shapekeys for her hair, and used a follow path constraint on a nurbs path to get her running from side to side. The looping environment was a bit of trial and error before it looked right.

ezgif-1-df293a1fae
The first animation looked quite rough, since I hadn’t animated anything in awhile.

ezgif-2-d07b92cf58
This one turned out much better when I figured out how fast she should be moving. I settled on this one for the final.

ezgif-6-95bf9ea35b
I tried a bit of hip sway with this one, but I didn’t like it.

7 Likes

Final one looks very effective.

1 Like

Great stuff, well done Sir!

1 Like

It’s very, very nice! I just would comment that the pelvis height is a bit static overall, particularly for running in a somehow rough environment. Of course, it works for this character, but the leg motion just looks a tiny bit hard on the legs, as if something hindered moving them forward. :wink:

2 Likes

Lol, this looks great! I’m half-expecting her to trip up at any moment, but she manages!

It’s so cute! And great job figuring out the looping. It’s really seamless. Way to make these projects your own! Naruto run FTW!

abby05
New

abby04
Old

I looked back at the animation and thought that I didn’t animate any vertical movement in the pelvis, but I did and it was just very subtle! I increased it and it does add some more bounce to her run.

3 Likes

Great!! :heart_eyes:

I think the new one is an improvement!
More playfulness

Privacy & Terms