Rule Tiles dont work properly

Hello!

So after making my own tile set for the section of the course that I was eagerly anticipating, rule tiles just don’t want to work with me. I’ve used the attached rule tile .zip file and the 2017 branch provided in GitHub and none want to work for me. I have 2017.4.38f1 just to follow along with the course and I don’t know whats wrong.

RuleTiles

Edit: I’ve also tried using the 2019 version of Unity with the latest build for the 2D extras from GitHub and still experience the same behavior.

Hi Vorundor,

Please do not import your project into different versions of Unity. If you imported it into Unity 2019, stick with 2019. Otherwise, you might risk breaking your project.

In Unity 2019, remove the Tilemap Asset from your Assets folder but do not touch any of your game objects. Then go to Window > Package Manager and install the Tilemap package from there.

When you are done and the tiles are still not behaving as expected, share a screenshot of your tile settings, please. Have you compared them to Rick’s?

Thanks for the reply Nina,

I wasn’t importing into 2019 just recreating it in that build, I stuck with 2017 for the duration of the course section though. After fiddling with it a bit more I got it working as intended. Not sure what went wrong but its working now.

Once again, thank you for always being there when I’ve needed help. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms