Rudimentary propellor (toy) plane - feeling like a kid again

Screenshot_20171020_002157

This helps me to better conceptualize the “finished picture” during the beginning stages. I discovered that I often misjudged where the wings would be located, how long they should be, how long the tail of the plane should be etc. I like the way it makes me think differently. I look forward to getting more of the technical details down, so that I can model a plane that could actually fly.

1 Like

Good work.

1 Like

HI,
If the engineering true one should be describe in the web page below:–

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1432585-wing-to-fuselage-ratio

And the real world paper model is :–

1 Like

I like the way it makes me think differently.

You will find yourself paying a lot of attention to details that never did matter to you before.

I look forward to getting more of the technical details down, so that I can model a plane that could actually fly.

Getting into aerodynamics might not be what you want and need. Just copying already existing plane model is more efficient way to get into it.
Like I did with my I-153 simple model or A-10 Thunderbolt II later on.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this background and particularly for introducing me to “Science Learning Hub.” This is the epitome of learning by doing and makes model making that much more fun and motivating.

Haha, ya - I definitely don’t want technical details to ever stop me from playing around/ thinking outside of the box… “it’s not technically possible so my model sucks” or something. Your planes btw are awesome!

Privacy & Terms