RPG environment design

Wasn’t satisfied with my initial design and decided to work on my RPG’s basic level design, so visited the asset store and added some more elements into my scene. Feedback would be highly appreciated.
Environmentpic

2 Likes

its looking good the colors blend nicely

1 Like

ah. Thanks, mate :smiley:

Looks good man! I haven’t got to the RPG course yet but I reckon some water would be nice. Perhaps a little pond somewhere.

1 Like

Thanks and agreed! You can get a better view of the scene here!
Scroll down to the bottom :smiley:

if you are interested in more set dressing assets, you can download the Unity 3D Game kit for free on the asset store… and export the environment assets from there into your project. I think you just need to export the Enviroment and Art folders from that to have the assets properly usable, I will check once I get on pc at home. (Back up your current project before you do this please)…
It has some interesting items to add. I will be using those once I sit down to properly set dress my levels.

Screenshot_52

1 Like

I’d thought about this previously but wasn’t certain from the execution point of view. Thank you! Taking note!

I just had a look and you need to export the Art and Prefabs folders from the 3D Game Kit. I think there was also a cinemachine error if the project you are importing to doesn’t have it. So you might have to install cinemachine as well

1 Like

Thank you for the valuable input!

how did you get on?
did you manage to import the assets and get them usable?

those prop assets are in their own pack in the asset store. Only found this out recently myself
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/3d-game-kit-props-pack-135218

Hello Vladimir,
Sorry I couldn’t get back to you earlier. Actually I’ve recently been very busy with job applications/interviews. I actually haven’t had time to sit with the game recently. On the brighter side tho I managed to get a job and have one interview upcoming this weekend. I should be free after that and intend to resume work on the game. Will let you know how it turns out.
Thanks for all the valuable input. Highly appreciated!

Hope your interview goes well my friend,
I am only just getting back into the course myself after not touching it for about two months. I am just starting the last video before section 12 [ Final Polish ]

1 Like

Privacy & Terms