RPG Course - After Saving Section - lose animation of player

After completing the Saving section, I moved on to the Equipping a Weapon but somehow I have lost the Animation for my player in my sandbox scene. He just moves around like a chess piece with no animations. I look at the Animator and it is “firing” but no animation. When I move the player to the sandbox2 scene he goes through and on that side his animation is perfect. What could I have possibly done to lose the animation in the sandbox scene but all is good on the sandbox2?

Any thoughts on where to look to troubleshoot this?

If the player on another scene is still working correctly then the prefab is still intact and you can look at it in the scene where it’s broken to see what you changed.

Check the override dropdown. It will show you everything that has changed in the scene

Too late I’m afraid. Looks like I have already done something to update the prefab because I’m not showing any Overrides.

Does the player still work in the other scene? If it does, perhaps apply those overrides. It will reset the broken one to be the same as the one in the working scene

I don’t know what happened. Changed scenes in hierarchy to sandbox2 and put in an enemy there. Was going to test the Attack animation. Game started up in sandbox1 and everything worked fine. Really weird. So, for the time being, all is resolved somehow.

Thanks for helping bixarrio!

No problem.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms