Royalty-free assets (20GB+ of free HQ sounds)

Hi fellow game devs!
I am not sure how many of you frequent reddit’s r/gamedev community but just today, one of the awesome redditors there posted
this: 20GB+ of High Quality Sound Effects - The Sonniss GameAudioGDC Bundle 2017 - Free Download

You can read the thread to find out more. Basically, this user posts gigabytes and gigabytes of content, royalty free, for all game developers to use.

The previous year he released a 16GB upload and the year before that a 10GB one. I believe they’re all different sounds (i.e. the 20GB above doesn’t contain the preceding year’s content).

Read the reddit thread above for more info about the assets (this year and previous years)

Additionally, for a sampler of the sound effects for 2017’s release:
https://gamesounds.xyz/?dir=Sonniss.com%20-%20GDC%202017%20-%20Game%20Audio%20Bundle

Feel free to post other sites or links to high quality free asset downloads.
Keep creating and good luck!

PS. You should definitely join r/gamedev (if you haven’t already) if you’re on reddit.

5 Likes

nice one :slight_smile:
ive got the last packs, need to get a larger hard drive lol

1 Like

Popped this up yesterday, its already on the Free and Cheap Indie Developer Resources wiki, along with the previous two years worth :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for continuing to add to this and for the resources! That list is really developing well!

2 Likes

It’s coming along nicely isn’t it - well done again for starting this off :slight_smile: I have updated it a few times as it’s grown over time, I kept your original message on there, but used one of the summary features so that it could be shown / hidden. :slight_smile:

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:
Always need more great free stuff, since I can’t make sounds myself.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms