Rotation challenge

CoinSmall1

6 Likes

Very nice, top down rotation.
I think very difficult to make.

1 Like

Ouh, really nice coin :astonished:

That looks mad smooth, almost like a pixellated 3D render.

Almost? He did it using 40 frames and 256 colors no less. He even got the bad cropping of the background right!
crop
This guy is a mad graphic genius, I tell you! :roll_eyes: :cry:

@FedPete, there isn’t much at stake here, but as a moderator, you might want to rein down on this behavior instead of encouraging it. Just saying.

2 Likes

I know!
But, for some students, it takes courage to create a post. Or are unsure of their doing. What we always do is try to be positive, even if it’s a bit of cheating.
To be creative is also part of this learning journey. Not only in design, but also in the usage of tools. I think you are not the only one seeing this entry as a 3D-generated animation. That’s why I wrote “I think very difficult to make.”

Thank you, for your observation and response. We need guys like you!

1 Like

I didn’t mean to offend any one, I did use a tool that uses pixel art and thought it gave a cool effect. I have also played and animated my own manually like the tutorial. I am sorry, I am learning and when I find a cool tool I want to learn I dabble with it. Maybe I should have had some disclaimer comment but I also did not comment simply shared some art I did make from scratch.

3 Likes

That’s courage when you post your own work, your own thoughts and when you’re upfront about your sources.
It takes cowardness to cheat.

This course is about pixel art, aka drawing images pixel by pixel. 3D-generated images are not that. I have no qualm with showing such images here anyway, but the author should be honest about the source, especially when it’s not in line with “rules” of the course.
It can also be disheartening to other students if they don’t realize it’s 3D and believe other newbies like them can do such work.

Hey Rico, good for you to come back after so long to response, thanks.
It is indeed a cool image. But it is also outside the goal of this course, which is to draw images pixel-by-pixel. Like I said above, I think it’s still OK to use tools and show the result, it can still be inspirational, or used as a model to draw one’s own animation (e.g. to use with onion skin feature), but just be honest/upfront about it. Don’t pass it as a response to the challenge when it doesn’t meet its rules.
For that matter, other students might be interested in using that cool tool of yours as well.

2 Likes

That’s fair, I am pretty sure it was Sprite stack (I try lots of tools to help in game making).

I haven’t been to active on the forums but have been learning as noob so when I made It I think I was just proud and also shy (hence no comments).

I am sorry if this had a negative effect and made any one feel inferior (due to it being helped by a tool).

I see so much intimating (in a good way) responses to challenges and shares.It truely blows my mind and although very inspirational as to the possibilities gives me a similar feeling of being in another league so in hind sight I get some of the feeling.

I actually studied animation but when making games often find this one of my biggest challenges (although I can draw and do basics).

My last game jam above I simplified (as it met the theme) no arms or legs to worry about and found a happier level of animation for me. I got lots of good feedback for my art when I kept simple. If you look at some of my others you will see more place holder and unrefined.

I guess what I am trying to say is my reason for being here and trying to learn and find tools is sincere.

I really didn’t mean to trick or upset anyone. I am just a quiet shy dude trying to improve my skills.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms