Rotating spring arm or gimbal does not rotate camera in BP

Hi,

I seem to have an issue in Blueprint for some reason after integrating the gimbal into the setup. Initially, with only the spring arm and the camera as per the previous lecture, rotation of the spring arm used to also rotate the camera. But for some reason after introducing the gimbal, rotation of gimbal or rotation of the spring arm does not anymore.

When I play the game, moving mouse up and down (Y), moving the mouse up causes the camera to show me the view below the tank and moving the mouse down causes me to see the tank from above. Is this opposite to what is required as my camera does not move with the spring arm? But if camera does not move I should not be seeing any movement on moving mouse up or down correct? or am I mistaken? Also when I move mouse right I see the left of the tank and when I move left, I see the right side of the tank. I don’t understand as to why in the BP the spring arm rotation/gimbal rotation does not rotate the camera at all.

Can you provide a screen shot of the settings you have in UE for the spring arm and gimbal?

Privacy & Terms