Rocky Bullboa

Thanks to Grant and everyone at GameDev.tv for the course, really enjoyed it. Wanted to do something a little different to Grant and had an idea for a small game I want to put together, so I had a crack at modelling the main character.

Had some pretty major issues with the bake thanks to forgetting to turn on symmetry in the sculpting phase. Didn’t realise until I’d done my own manual retopology and then had all kinds of problems trying to shape the new mesh to the old without adding too much to the poly count.

The clothing was also an afterthought, hence it being way lower poly than the character, but considering it’s my first ever attempt at character modelling I’m happy enough with it, and have come away with a list of things to do better next time!

Thanks again

5 Likes

Yes, doing things for the first, second, and more time. Mostly leads to small problems and issues. You learn from it! Practice is the key here.

Just have fun.
Keep it … simple (KISS).

2 Likes

Good character and setting.
First time always comes across difficulties, practice, do it again knowing all you have done and errors already.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms