Rocket Boost Apk ( Complete Godot 3D )

Hello,

I have followed the Rocket Boost course in udemy and added my own stuff like main menu, touch buttons and tried exporting as apk. Thankfully its working, but the main issue is that its too much laggy , the android devices i used are not that old or bad. they are pretty decent for playing 3D games. I also changed the renderer to mobile as well as used gradle build…

how do i get a smooth gameplay experience ?

as well as there was one friend of mine who had google pixel 8 as well as android 14 running, on his device the app was not running, but other android devices which were running an older version was fine.

how do i make sure the apk that i build runs on every android ?

@FossRyan Pleas ensure you are checking questions here

HI Afsin and welcome aboard :wave:

firstly, nice one on going above and beyond and getting project boost exported to android, thats awesome :muscle:

although its not covered in the 3D course, but more the Mobile course.

if your using Android Studio, i would probably go and create a virtual device, but create one on the lower end of the android list. (so going with the older ones to get a catch all type scenario).

maybe even one of the legacy phones to emulate.

once you have the virtual phone active, the one-click-deploy in godot interface, should allow you to test and check its performance on that device to see how it behaves.

there does seem to be some work getting done on godot performance bugs related to Android in the devlog.
<Dev snapshot: Godot 4.2 dev 5 (godotengine.org)>

might be worth while checking the compatability mode for android exports. ive heard some say the lighting has a big impact. just to test.

Darren

Privacy & Terms