Robots Incoming! - Planning with Trello

Just a quick post to show my experiences with Trello:

This is my first time using Trello. In the past I’ve used mostly Word and Notepad for development. So far the benefit is about 40% organization and planning and 40% motivation. It’s great to see that ‘Done’ list fill up.

And I’m going to echo the comment from the course that you should get source control and start using it early.

I’m using git and bitbucket. It’s a bit daunting, onerous, and unintuitive in my opinion. But it’s free and popular. And much easier to use when the project is small and single-user like these courses. It’s liberating because you can try something new and go back easily if it doesn’t work out. And make back-ups to an external source as well.

The GameDev.TV course for git was great and as short as you can make a git course.

Moving from Word and Notepad to Trello must be quite the change, huh? I totally feel you on that 40% organization, 40% motivation vibe – there’s something so satisfying about watching that ‘Done’ list grow.

Git and Bitbucket might feel a bit tricky at first, but you’re not alone in that sentiment. They’re popular for a reason though, right? The freedom to experiment and the ease of going back if things don’t pan out is super valuable. Plus, you hit the nail on the head – it becomes even more important as projects grow.

Keep rockin’ that organization, motivation, and version control! By the way, have you checked out any other tools from Atlassian? They’ve got some cool ones in their lineup. Keep up the great work and happy coding!

Privacy & Terms