RIP Standard Assets

At the time of writing this, the standard assets package as it appears in this video is not available on the asset store. Links to the asset page open to a landing page explaining that the asset was depreciated and therefore no longer available. I could not find it in my own assets (on the store site) even though I downloaded it as part of Argon Assault a couple of months ago. Thankfully, I still had the asset file. I thought I’d share it here for any who want it. I’m just hosting it on my G Drive for the moment.

Hope this is helpful.

5 Likes

Thank you! This saved me some time for sure

2 Likes

I’m going to stumble my way through using the ‘Starter Assets - First Person Character Controller’, which appears to be the ‘new’ version of the controller sample.

Unity didn’t document it very well though so it’s tricky, particularly getting started with it. They have a ‘nested’ controller prefab with everything you need (controller, input mappings, camera, etc), but I couldn’t get it to work. And they have a ‘Player Capsule’ which has just the controller.

If you do decide to give it a try, I recommend adding it to a blank project first. I added the player capsule and just dragged the main camera into it. It also has some ramps, cubes, and a pre-made play area. I’m not sure how much this is going to differ from the lesson as it goes on though.

1 Like

You absolute legend. Thank you very much!

Privacy & Terms