Rigify Chest control tilted

I generated my rig using Rigify. For some reason the chest control is tilted (see screenshot). It doesn’t seem to be affecting my ability to pose the arms or the head or face. When I move the chest control, the upper body/arms area distorts somewhat, but I can probably fix that in weight painting. My questions are: will this be a problem down the line? (I want to animate the character for a video), and is there a fix? It’s been suggested it would be better to generate rig handles manually instead of with the auto-generate function. My character is humanoid in form, but not exactly of human proportions. I have moved the bones to where I think they should work. I also removed the two chest bones (as advised by one tutorial). Is that the issue?

Any thoughts?

You could try replacing the chest bones, they serve a purpose or would not be there. Remaking the rig.

I considered that. Not sure why one tutorial suggested deleting them. Would I just put the bones in, parent them, then regenerate?

1 Like

Adding the chest bones in did, in fact, work. Thanks NP5!!

2 Likes

Fewer bones to animate, simple animation and quicker results.

1 Like

That makes sense, but when I added them back in, it fixed the tilt of the chest control. Perhaps it’s because my character has slightly different dimensions than a human character, so the extra bones helped guide the formation of the controls.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms