Rigging not working properly

Hello, here again with a doubt, i was able to generate the automatic rig with rigiffy but my orc is not deforming properly (i think that is the term) altough my orc is symmetric, i tried matching the weight paint at the moment and still having the same issue.

1 Like

Looks like one bone has relations with vertices on the other side of the Orc body …
So why, do you think?

• One bone has still a relation with other vertices (factor, not null = dark blue).
  • Check Orc scaling must be ‘1’.
  • The Orc body is a fantasy model, while the default rig, has human proportions. You need to reposition the bones, before rigging.
  • Be sure to clear (remove) previous vertices groups, before re-rigging.
  • Follow the steps which are instructed in the lectures! Because I see fancy bone structures (visualizations). Rigging is a difficult task, many things can go wrong (at first try). Then don’t bother with extra features. Learn the basics first!
3 Likes

Well, this is a start. When you bind a mesh to an armature with automatic weights, it’s rare (and very lucky) if you get a good enough result which won’t need extra work.

Weight painting here is needed to get a nice result but often what most people who start out with rigging prefer to avoid (because it’s more work and rather daunting at first).

Tomorrow I’ll make a video explaining how I approach weight painting in blender with as many tips and tricks I’ve discovered to make your life as easy as possible and I’ll post it here. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

I’ve been unexpectedly extremely busy over the past few days but I’ve made a video explaining how I approach weight painting in blender.

I hope that helps! I’ll make a better video with more tips, tools and tricks for weight painting another time when conditions are better.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms