Rig bones are outside the hand

After generating a rig all hand bones in rig are outside the hand but if you see metarig bones are corectly in the hand. I used volume snap option to organize those bones. Is this a problem with rotation of the bones or what?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Likes

This can happen when you switch between rest and pose mode, and changing bones in the wrong setting. A week(s?) ago, someone explained this very nice. You should scan/search in the ASK question for help and a solution.

2 Likes
  1. Make sure to apply Rotation and Scale(Ctrl+A with object selected in object mode) on both meta Armature and the mesh. Also apply location on the armature. I normally apply location on the mesh, but for blender it doesn’t have to be. Note: If you are using a modifier like mirror which relies on the origins location then don’t apply location on the mesh.
  2. Select Meta armature, Ctrl+Tab to enter pose mode, Press A to select all, Press Alt+g, Alt+s, and Alt+r to reset all bones to starting transforms(Rest position). Then Ctrl+Tab to go back to object mode.
  3. Regenerate the rig.
2 Likes

Thanks both. I think problem was because I didn’t applay scale to metarig. I forgot to do that. :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms