Revisiting an old project

For the moment I’ve decided to revisit an old project and remake it in the current Blender Version (v2.83.5 at the time of this post). When I went through this course the first time it was with v2.78c; and some may remember the cathedral I was making that time through, I do. I never really finished it as I ran into a few scaling issues and some of the work was, I think, a bit beyond my skill level. So I’ve decided to remake that project rather than just importing it from the old version.

Here are a few screenshots of what I’m looking to recreate:

Almost forgot the list of models :grin:

in addition to all of those items, I want to do:

• 6 to 12 more stained glass windows
  • 2 or 3 types of pews
  • a lecturn
  • stands for the choir
  • and beds for the monks/nuns/clergy
  • possibly a lower floor to act as a hospital/recovery area for the sick and injured as I want to use this in my RPG game.
  • possibly turn it into an asset pack and make it available to other RPG course students.
6 Likes

It will also be interesting for you to see how much better the new one will be. Perhaps starting with a scale worked out, or an old real building to use to work from.

1 Like

Sometimes I still have trouble thinking of things in metric units, especially scale, since I really only started trying to use metrics when I started using Blender. So, one change I’ll be making as I work on this is to work in Imperial units insted of metric. Hopefully this will keep me in line with what I’m looking to create and still be translated well when I export to Unity!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms