Retopology in two parts

I am not going to attempt with manual retopology right now because It looks very tedious and time consuming, I might try doing it on my next model; Anyways, when I did Retopologize(not really sure that is a word) the automatic way I found that I got better results when I separated the head from the body. To me it looks good enough to use without making any changes…I guess I will find out. If I am wrong I can always go back and start over.

1 Like

It depends strongly on how a body would be retopologized.
Then you need to find a way the connect head and body.

When doing a manual process work from low resolution to higher one, by adding loop cuts.
Meaning at the start (low retopo) choose your edge flow smart, so you can add details later (adding loop cuts) — this Is why people do it by hand.
And there are tools (add-ons) that can make the manual process easier.

Don’t forget, it is all about learning.

1 Like

Appreciate your input; feedback is always welcome.
The only manual changes I made were to the face, around the eyes and mouth. then I imported my low-res model into Mixamo to see how it would look moveing around; the animations looked cool and I didn’t see any major visuals imperfections. So I am fine with the way it turned out.
To me it is all about what I need to learn right now. Everything else I can learn later. But, that’s just what works for me.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms