Retopology - Feedback?

Hey guys, I’m now on the part of the course with manual / automatic retopology. Automatic gives me horrible results, I think I’ve done my best to fix it up but for example the head was a complete nightmare and the mess I’ve made over there makes me ashamed - photos below.

(Any hints on what I’m doing wrong here are well appreciated, I think I’ve cut way too much and too randomly without thinking, I’ve also tried smoothing vertices here and there with some wonky results)

So i Thought At least I would try and manually Retopo the head, and then add it to the results of the automatic retopo of the body, to get a better result, and I wanted to ask for some feedback on my work here, maybe I’m unknowingly doing something wrong?

4 Likes

Hand retopology is better and not that hard. But. Time the texturing and smooth shading is on the auto mesh it hides a lot.

2 Likes

Thanks, I plan on going forward with the course with the automatic results, then go back and manually retopo the whole character and compare the results.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms