RestartScene keeps loading Splash Screen

Hi Guys,
I’m having a bit of an issue here. When clicking on “Try again” button the level doesn’t restart on Level 1 scene but loads the splash screen. I checked everything and came up with a conclusion that it must be about the currentSceneIndex. For some reason, it must be pointing to the value of 0. I don’t know why. Does anybody have a clue?

1 Like

Does the level manager persist, dontdestroyonload stuff? Also maybe throw a debug out that shows the current level index

Used Debug, and when I hit “play” it shows currentlevelIndex = 2 (as it should). Threw a debug in the Restart method and it showed “0”.

public void RestartScene()
{
    Debug.Log(currentSceneIndex);
    SceneManager.LoadScene(currentSceneIndex);
}

So I don’t know what’s going on, but starting this method changes the index.

Well that is odd. Take a look at this, https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/SceneManagement.LoadSceneMode.html , And load the scene single and let’s see

Added this line:

{
SceneManager.LoadScene(currentSceneIndex, LoadSceneMode.Single);
}

and the effect is the same. Don’t know what else I can do.

Ok, instead of calling the variable, call the function to return the index, I suspect the same result but worth trying.

Did you mean smth like this:

{
SceneManager.LoadScene(SceneManager.GetActiveScene().buildIndex);
}

here, works perfectly. If I put in the brackets “2” oraz “Level 1”, it works as well.

Thanks for your help Bryant! I can leave it for now, but if you have any other idea, I’d experiment gladly. Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms