[Resolved] MacOS and iOS build using Unity 2022.2.21f1 under MacOS Ventura?

MacOS Ventura 13.4
Unity 2021.3.26f1

Hi,

May I know anyone here successfully build a MacOS Ventura Unity project using Unity 2021.3.x LTS that:

• exported from Windows Unity Editor
  • imported package built from Windows Unity Editor.

The reason is, I constantly received build errors as shown below under MacOS Ventura Unity Editor:

Internal build system error. BuildProgram exited with code 137
Error building player because script class layout might be incompatible between the editor and the player.

I have created a new 3D URP Core project, try to build MacOS or iOS but still producing the errors above, it is a brand new created Unity project, no custom script files added, I wondered is this a Unity bug.

If you have any success story on this, please share, I find nothing from the earth and already submitted report to Unity.

Thank you.

MacOS Ventura 13.4
Unity 2022.2.21f1
Unity Hub 3.4.2
XCode 14.3 (14E222b)

After spending 1-2 days searching the internet, found solution below.

1. Install the Unity 2022.2.21f1 HERE via the Unity Hub under MacOS Ventura 13.4 as shown below.

1. When you double clicked the XCode_14.3.xip, MacOS will “unzip” into Xcode.app folder.
  2. Copy Xcode.app into \Applications folder, be patient to wait until finished copying.
  3. Open terminal and type sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app
  4. This will ensure Unity 2022.2.21f1 compile iOS build successfully otherwise Burst compiler resulting in error: “Burst.Compiler.IL.Aot.AotLinkerException: Failed to determine iphoneos sdk installation path”.
  5. DONE

I gave up Unity 2021.3.26f1 under MacOS Ventura as it just won’t work.

Hopes, this help.

Privacy & Terms