Reset and applying avatar doesn't work IN UNITY

I’m doing Grant Abbit’s course and I’m right near the finish line, at importing assets to unity.

When I reset the character to having “None” in the Animation Type field, then back to Generic, and set Avatar to “this model”, the animation preview disappears entirely from the inspector and won’t return. To clarify, the tab is there, it’s the visual preview of the character performing the animation that has vanished.

Grant mentions that I can fix this by selecting other animations but I’ve tried with all my animations and nothing works.

Unity also returns an error: Split Animation Take Not Found: ‘Scene’

The main difference is that I’m using Unity 22LTS, and I don’t know what version Grant is using as he doesn’t state it and the information is cropped from his video.

Does anyone know what the cause of this could be?

Edit: I found the issue. Turns out Unity decided to hide the preview from me at the bottom of the inspector. All it took was a click. I could remove this question, but I’ll keep it up here in case anyone else experiences this weird bug.

1 Like

Well self solved in Unity.
Will add Unity to the headline to aid others to whom it might have relevance.
Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms