Rerigging bug

After I’ve added the armature modifier, my lamp pose began to differ from the one of its bones.

As a result, my lamp is clipping in the scene now:

I suspect that it occured because of the difference in bones positioning for object and edit modes:

Is there any way to fix that?

Not sure what your problem is. But most problems occur when people forget to apply scales to the object before the bones are parented. This goes for rotation and location too.

Hmmm seems I found where the problem is. On some stage, while Applying visual transform to pose, my Pose position slighty differed from the Rest position. In other words, the system thought that this

was equal to this

Now, if I try to Apply visual transform to pose, I get something like this

It feels that the lampshade bone tries to stick to the origin of the lampshade look sphere as I move it.

1 Like

I decided to fix the rest position, and thus I have to reanimate the whole lampshade movement. But is there any shorter way?

Blender has an option to set an pose as the rest pose.

Yeah that’s what I finally did. But changing the rest pose resulted in that I had to reanimate the whole lampshade movement.

1 Like

Learning Blender is a long road. Full of pitfalls and beautiful scenery …

Have fun, keep your own pace.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms