Request: Gabbit Tutorial on Multipass rendering & related topics

Are there any good tutorials on rendering techniques in blender
Just wishing to see a dedicated tutorial by Gabbit on rendering techniques including multipass rendering and compositing in AE/blender :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I think you need to search the web on “blender compositing”.

You can find this one.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply

But that video does not show or explain (the how and why of ) the difference between the various render passes. :confused:Much of what it does can be replicated with photoshop or AE once we render the different layers in blender. It also assumes you know the basics of MPR in blender cuz he keeps on talking about the SS pass :flushed:and the noise within it. :roll_eyes:

I would like to know how to create and use render passes to create effects like 1. heat mirages or refraction at the edges of a fire flame ( for example, refraction of hot air around a Mech plasma gun as it shoots )
2. foam/ glow at the interface or intersection of two 3D objects so that the same render pass can be used as an alpha or luma matte during compositing to create different effects

True !

But when you are gone to make an animation, you want to have this process automated too.
And yes, you could switch over to Premiere …
But it is handy to have everything managed in one piece of software.
Or use the complete portfolio of Adobe!

You need to use your imagination on this, I think.
Most professional companies, who make animations, do write there own software to perform specific effects. Even the Blender organization does this. That’s why they produce movies.

I would experiment with a 3d flame object and a 3d flame glass object. Both in layers doing their thing then merged in the compositor.

@FedPete
But it is handy to have everything managed in one piece of software.
Or use the complete portfolio of Adobe!

Exactly why I am requesting this tutorial. GAbbit is a great instructor & I much appreciate his tutorials. There are no exhaustive online courses on Rendering in Blender as most online courses are structured in the same way, dense on modeling, thin on texturing, and light on rendering. There is also no continuity if they release another course for the same software. So I thought it would be great if an instructor like GAbbit would do a dedicated course on Lighting & Rendering / Texturing & Rendering :point_right: using models used in this course . Hence suggested it here. Thats all.

Since you brought it up about the "Adobe Portfolio", Remember that Adobe Software is popular among newbies because they have a large number of newbie friendly tutorials & resources & they induct students into the ecosystem during their student years. There are even courses online teaching how to do cinematic effects using After effects, but they all use render output from their preferred 3D software, Cinema 4D. :alien:

@FedPete
Most professional companies, who make animations, do write there own software to perform specific effects. Even the Blender organization does this. That’s why they produce movies.

Don’t worry, I am not going to overtake any Professional company or make any movies. :slightly_smiling_face: But now it begs the question, :thinking: In Hell’s Kitchen of Cinematic Effects, do I have to get a Michelin Star to make Poached Eggs & Rice Risotto or do I make poached eggs & Rice Risotto to get a Michelin Star ?

1 Like

@Grant_Abbitt

Wow. Grand Abbits Youtube Channel is Super. Very useful tuts on Texturing & Animation. And the user Polygon Runaway has some good setups on Lighting Ideas.

Also just found out that the latest and greatest feature in Blender 2.8+ to enable Multipass renders is Cryptomatte

1 Like

Privacy & Terms