Request for Help - Text 101 - WebGL Build completed with a result of 'Failed'

Hi! I am in trouble… Trying and failing to build my Text 101 project to WebGL deployment - it fails in the end with two error messages:

The process seems to run fine until the end, but fails - resulting erros in the above image), and it also deletes the destination folder selected in the beginning of the process.

I saw similar topics in this forum but to no avail. Can someone help me?

Hi,

Please try the following:

1. Save your build on your harddrive but not inside your project folder, on your Desktop or in a cloud.
  2. Use English characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9) only for your file and folder names.
  3. Make sure that neither your firewall nor your antivirus program block Unity.
  4. Reinstall Unity or update it to the latest stable version.

Did this help?

Hi Nina,

Thank you, but none of those solutions made it work.

I didn’t try the 3rd option - firewall - because I dont know how to do it and it doesn’t seem to be the cause - I tried to compile to Windows PC platform and it worked.

I also have reinstalled Unity and still fails exactly the same way.

I only have english characters - except for some temp files of the build process that are saved in a folder inside my windows user account (with non english characters), but I can’t control that.

Any other idea?

I also tried this solution, again without success…

Are there more error messages in your console than those related to the building process?

I can see that there are a few warnings. Those messages with the yellow icons are harmless. They are probably caused by a bug in Unity. Double click on each message in your Console, and add = default; behind the respective variable declaration.

Also check the Package Manager. I would suggest to uninstall all packages that you do not need such as Ads and Collab. They are often causing issues.

Hi @Nina,

Thank you for your help. But, following your tips, solving the warnings and uninstalling unused packages didn’t solve the issue.

I also tried the ‘Build and Run’ to WebGL in the Number Wizard Project, with the same erros.

It may be related with this error message - as you see, my user account has non-english characters:

Response file: C:\Users\Jo�o Coelho\AppData\Local\Temp\_1483805527\response.rsp
il2cpp.exe didn't catch exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.4.26f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten_Win\python\2.7.5.3_64bit\python.exe"

I don’t know. I’am tired of looking for a solution and it’s not so important on this phase. So I’ am moving on to next lecture.

Anyway, thank your for your help!

That could well be the problem. As you can see in the error message, there is a �. This indicates that the character could not be interpreted. I would suggest to rename your user name, or create a new user on your computer and test building your game again.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms