Replaced points by tree faces to make better mounds

To get nicer mounds I use the tree’s faces as reference for the mound’s location and shape.

Connect the mounds geometry proximity node to the tree’s realize instances node (you might have to add one). Each tree will have a fitting mound now, matching each tree’s shape, scale, rotation, etc.

You might have to tweak the other float curve or map range nodes to get to your previous layout.

Cheers,
Ray

3 Likes

Geo nodes have many possibilities.
You made a good study of them!

2 Likes

Thank you.

I like the course. Unfortunately, at times it is not clear why we do things, or explanations aren’t clear why things happen.* Thus often end up looking up the node’s documentation. And yes, there is a good chance I have to get the logic of another node-based software I used for decades out of my system.

But then, this is complaining at an extremely high level, since I learn a lot from @Stephen_Wood
and I’m engaged in the material - and this should be the measure how good a course is :smiley:

*Example: The part about the math node using the minimum feature. I listened to this a few times - nope. Hooking up a viewer node and comparing the input vs output would have helped to visualize what’s going on.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms