Rendering Problems Laser Defender

So I finish the Laser Defender course & begin rendering. When I try rendering to Web GL the game never loads. When I render universal windows platform I can’t find a game launcher. When I render Pc, Mac standalone nothing is in the right place, the border of the camera is full screen so the player can go out of the gamespace. When I play in Unity I don’t have these issues.

Game Render
BR2
In Unity
IU2
My Assets export
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1L8qIHG4FZZ6O3YoYXCm0cS8VBcBMrx5v

The WebGL might just take it a very long time.

Maybe try a different browser? (Edge usually works)

Ty I’ll try that I been waiting for hours now in firefox for this to finish.

Hi,

Regarding the standalone version, make sure the correct resolution is set in Edit > Build Settings > Player Settings.

Regarding the WebGL version, did you click on “Build and Run” in Unity? Or did you load the saved file on your harddrive?

I did both with the WebGL. After waiting over 24 hours I closed the window.
Rick wants this to be 9:16 ration which is not available in unity.

I had the different aspect raios checks on before & checked them off trying each ratio to see if I see a difference or get what I’m looking for.

WebGL should not take so long to load. Please follow Rob’s instruction in this thread. Maybe there is a helpful error message in your browser console.

“Fullscreen Window” does not work for our game because we designed it for a specific aspect ratio. Set a fixed resolution, maybe 500 x 888 for testing purposes.

Nina you are the best. Laser Defender 3.5 is rendered.

I’m really sorry. Is there a way to render in HD & it work. I know some games have a limited play space with stuff in the black areas on the side.?

Theoretically, you could use whatever resolution you want. However, it might be that you’ll have to develop a solution for problems such as the (black) bars on the sides or the player being able to leave the game area. It’s not difficult but it requires a bit of research and work.

You could set the background color of the camera to black in the Camera component. To calculate the edges of the area in which the player is allowed to move, you will have to check the properties of the SpriteRenderer class in the API. The bounds or the size might be interesting. Use Debug.Logs to see the values during runtime. That’ll help you develop a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms