Rendering An Animation (challenge) - Eevee VS Cycles

Eevee

• Sampling
    Render 10

Ambient Occlusion, Bloom and Screen Space reflections were all enabled

• Resolution
    1930 px X 1080 px (100%)
    Each frame (190 in total) took around 1 second (or not even that) to render.

Cycles

• Sampling
    Render 10

• Resolution
    1930 px X 1080 px (100%)
    Each frame (190 in total) took around 7/8 seconds to render witouth denoising.

Rendered with a laptop with a GTX 1050 GPU.

I’m leaning towards to use Eevee. Cycle took a lot more time to render, without any noticeable benefits in comparison to Eevee in this animation. It has a bit better lighting, but, I think it’s not worth the extra time to render.

6 Likes

Looking good! I feel bad for your lamp, just taking a little tumble like that :frowning:

2 Likes

Well animated. Eevee is often good enough for moving things. Latest Blender 3 Cycles is apparently faster now.

2 Likes

Thanks! :grinning: Yeah, it is quite a rough landing. But, it’s all part of training to jump over the default cube. :laughing:

Thank you! :grinning:

Eevee, at least for this animation, is more than enough to give a really nice animation without sacrificing a lot of quality.

I’ve heard that the new version of Cycles on 3.0 is significantly faster than in previous versions. But, I wanted to wait a few more days to see feedback in regards to Blender 3.0 before upgrading it, since it’s only been a few days since it’s release.

3 Likes

I like a stiffened approach to animating your lamp! It seems to lack a bit of a weight though.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. :grinning:

You’re right. It is my first time trying to do an animation like this, so I’m struggling a bit on how to replicate weight and gravity all “by hand”. So, hopefully, as I practice more I can become better in simulating weight in future animations.

1 Like

You most certainly will! Looking forward to more posts from you!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms