Remark about the final nodegroup

Since the vector output has been deleted at the beginning the creation of the nodegroup, in the end in the shader itself, we have lost the vector input for the roughness.
And also we had included the 2 distortions parameters in the input parameters, but we have not included the grain’s distortion parameters (the one can be found in the Micro Dots frame).
I do not know if this is a bug or a feature, but at least in my version of the node group I did include those.

1 Like

Not sure which Blender version you are using?
But Blender material nodes will change in 4.0
Not that things will be missing, but they are logically grouped and sometimes a bit hidden.

Always show a screendump.

General Q&A note

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left-hand side.
On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.

1 Like

Actually I was talking about what we did in the video. (My Blender version is 3.6 by the way…)
As you can see there is no vector input for the roughness generator because the Procedural Wood nodegroup does not output it.

And as you can see on the image bellow the grain distortion does not have input parameters.
nograindistrotioninput
I think the first one is probably an error because before we had created the node group the roughness generator had input vector value.
The second one I have no idea if this is a problem or not, I just noticed it.
I hope this clears what are my problems with the node group that we had created in the video.

1 Like

Some of us, like me, we don’t have access to that course. And, like you, we are also students.

1 Like

Hey there,

If there a node you would like to add to the group outputs, just tab back into the group, and attach it. With huge node group like that one I occsionally overlook something that I didn’t think was crucial.
The good thing is you can always add or remove features whenever you like, resave and use again and again. I even often create a couple of version, a vrey simple one that I can quickly ues and then a more complex one with practically every possible setting, but for the lectures, it would really drag out the length of the videos, so I usually just try and show the middle ground.
Hope that helps

2 Likes

Yep it helped thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms