Recommended godot course order

Hi I’m wanting to do the Godot courses. It not sure what one to start with. Is there a recommended order to do them or should I just start wherever.

Hi Machineh3d,

Thanks for the great question.
My suggestion would be to start where your interest takes you but choose between 2D and 3D courses we have as those are our beginner level courses.
Then if you have an interest in mobile games then its a good idea to start the mobile course we have as thats a beginner to intermediate level course.
We also have a intermediate level course in multiplayer that is still in production but only has one more section which we plan to release in the next couple of months.

All of the above mentioned courses use the built in GDScript language but if you feel you are ready to progress C# then our action rpg course will be the next on your list and from here you could even branch out into the unity engine courses

Hope this helps and you enjoy your learning journey with us

I just thought I would add my 2 cents as well.

Definitely, choose between one of these to start with, as all of the other courses assume that you have at least dabbled in Godot. You won’t be lost otherwise, but you would be making things more difficult than need be.

My interest is in 3D, but I started with the 2D course anyway under the assumption that most of that will still be applicable to 3D anyway. Turns out this was true! By learning the 2D first, you get more practice with those concepts in the 3D course, and you also have a strong foundation upon which to learn the 3D concepts. I personally found this very helpful, and I would absolutely do it this way again =)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms