Rebuild project manually without having source code!

Hi,
I have a general question about rebuild problem in unreal engine.
most of the time that I download a project from github, and I try to open it, it gives me the following error:

To solve it, I did a search in the community and I found the following link.

My problem is quite different, because I don’t have any C++ code in the project that I downloaded from github. I tried to delete the build, saved, intermediate and binary folders and open again the project but still no success.

The project from github is using UE4.27 but mine is 4.26. I don’t know if it’s the problem and I am going to install the same version to see if I can open it.

My question is that in this case that I don’t have the C++ code, is there a solution to open the unreal project?

For more information the link below is the github link for the project I am interested.

thank you in advance for your guide,
Meysam.

Well, I installed the UE version 4.27.2 and I was able to open this project.
I was thinking if we don’t have the c++ source code then we can’t open the project.

it seems that you can’t open a project from higher version with editor(UE) of lower version.
in my case I was trying to open the project that was for version 4.27 with my engine that is 4.26!

am I right? I mean does this conclusion correct?

Thanks a lot.

Looks like there’s source code in the plugin that’s used. You can go to Saved > Logs to see the build log which would say why it failed to compile.

Ok, Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms