Realm Rush Prototype

I swear I followed the whole section, this is the version I ended up liking better. It’s not as pretty as it could be, but I wanted to make sure the mechanics were there.

3 Likes

I made it to level 14 or 15. Good job!

Really like the concept of the game. Being able to choose which path the enemy comes from makes you have to plan your towers which adds to the strategy of the game. I made it to the part where it says There’s peace in the kingdoms and I choose “Until next time”. Then the game restarted but I wasn’t able to put a tower down on first wave. After I selected an upgrade I could put the towers down. Would like to ask what would the other options of done? as I wanted to continue to see how far I could get. Game was well balanced up until round 12/13 then you have plenty of wood to build towers. This was a fun game and I enjoyed it a lot, Great Job!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Difficulty scaling definitely needs work. I’ll have to dig into why the first wave doesn’t work when the scene reloads. The other options allow you to continue endlessly and quit (more relevant to the standalone .exe). I’ll put out an update to make the options clear.

2 Likes

In case anybody has a similar problem, my paused variable (a static variable to prevent placing towers while in menus) was persisting across the reload. Since the last thing was a menu, it was preventing tower placement on the first wave, then going back to normal afterward.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms