Really lame that this is done in unreal 4

The course is titled unreal 5 and most people took this to see the new features of unreal 5 not recycled content from unreal 4. Where is the details of all of the new features, i get you can cover everything but there was nothing specific to unreal 5

2 Likes

I think unreal 5 is less about games and more about integrating a larger environment for other digital projects like science and archviz, or asset management/creation. A lot of the new features built into the engine itself are extremely buggy or not basic, when you had to use floors or other objects to block out the light in the last section is basically a work around because of light bleeding thru corners with the new lumen light engine. Haven’t checked in a while but I don’t think the ECS framework called mass is available or stable yet either. One of the more popular vr plugins devs said the plugin wont work with ue5 in current form because the physics are so buggy. The engine will increasingly encompass other tools that aren’t integrated into the editor/engine but will be separate tools for different domains like design or animation.

Privacy & Terms