Real fast animation

Update: used a gif converter tool suggested by MattheNolanCintron to make a longer smoother animation.
Could only make an 8 frames gif animation with my current version of clip studio paint; maybe I can find a free program that will do the same thing with a higher frame rate.
ezgif.com-resize

4 Likes

Just make a movie clip.
upload it to Vimeo or Youtube.
Add a link in your message.

2 Likes

Thanks, I already did that when I created my previous orc in Grants other character creation course. It would be a lot simpler to just drop in a gif file instead of posing and Linking to Youtube. I think Krita will export gif files so I will check out that software and repost this image if it works out.

2 Likes

you can make the video in blender and then convert it to a gif using a site like this:

That’s what I do.

1 Like

Thanks a lot; that would be a lot better than trying to figure out how to do it in Krita.

Updated it; I have my orc in unreal 5 game engine in idle pose.

1 Like

Hi. I can confirm that: all my gif files posted here are made with Krita :slightly_smiling_face: :penguin:

el_sucre:
I have no doubt you can make the conversion in Krita.; the real issue is making it happen. so, could you tell me how to convert *.png images to a *.gif file. I tried simply dragging and dropping the png files in and then exporting it as a *.gif and it did not work. It looks like I have to do some prep work such as add them to the timeline, which I also don’t know how to do.

2 Likes

Yup, I will try but, first of all, sorry for my English :grimacing:

So, in Krita > File, you can directly choose Import Video Animation, but I prefer the frame by frame way.

• Open a new empty document with the correct size.
  • Then in File, you can now select Import animation frames
  • Select Add images and your folder
  • Pay attention to the order of your images in the list (by default, Ascending is nice and Numerical depends on the name of your .png files)
  • Timing is quite important. Start at 0 means your first image in the list will be the first in the animated .gif (0 is first, 1 is second and so on) You could change the fps later
  • Confirm with Ok and the first image appears (I don’t know if there are options to see the others but it never bothers me)
  • Then go back to File and select Render Animation
  • Choose Video, your own preferences for Width, Height, Frame Per SecondsLast frame is important because it is the frame after which the animation loops. So, for a nice loop, choose the frame closest to your first one in your files.
  • In Video Options, in Render as: select GIF image, confirm with Ok to let your computer « cook » the file and you should have a nice animation :partying_face:

If the animation is too fast or too slow, you can lower or increase the FPS or use the Step option during the Import animation frames step (but I find the first solution easier).

I hope that my explanations are clear enough :crossed_fingers:t5: You should have something like that at the end :slightly_smiling_face: : Mixamo Animations - Female Character Activities

1 Like

Thanks, I might try it out the next time I need to post an animation. I checked out your animation; nicely done.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms