Raycaster suddenly pointing AT camera

So the course has been a lot of fun so far. I’ve been building my level and everything was going great. I started adding more houses and trees and shrubberies to the scene and out of nowhere suddenly my character won’t move and the raycaster points towards the camera when I click.

When I use gamepad mode he gets stuck every step or two and I have to mash keys to free him.

Everything worked perfect before this(well mostly, still random spins and stuff) and now just adding houses and stuff has caused everything to go crazy.

When I switch back to the combat sandbox scene or if I make a new scene it works fine. It’s just this particular scene that doesn’t work.

I’ve tried to copy values for the camera and player from the working scenes to the nonworking scene and I’ve tried to move terrain from the nonworking scene to a new scene. I’d blame the terrain but it worked a little bit earlier.

I DID try to use the tree painter so I don’t know if maybe that messed something up, but I can’t find anything that it did.

I’ve been messing with this for a bit and can’t figure out what happened.

So I fixed it. I went with my gut and messed around with the tree painter setting. Definitely was that, when I removed the brush the game started working again. I guess I don’t understand how I did that or what it was that I exactly did. But hey, it’s fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms