Randomness added & fixed mouth

This is the most amount of time I ever spent on trying to find a compromise between “passable” and “realistic”, and I think I found that point where I’m satisfied with it. I just wish it didn’t cost 2 gb of memory just to render it :frowning: (and that’s after tweaking settings to reduce light bounces or it crashes my comp).

5 Likes

Hey, had a look at your bunny. The body looks very realistic. I’d say this is well done but I can see room for improvement around the eyes, just narrowing the bone structure toward the bridge of the nose. And maybe increasing the size of the eyes, if you’re willing to put a bit more time in on this bunny!

1 Like

Ok. I guess I gave it a shot and tried to fix it. You can see edit history of what I “attempted” to do (I edited this post). Hope that works.

Thank you very much for the advice! Very useful–I appreciate it as always.

I will get back to you on this shortly. You should still be able to sculpt with dyntopo enabled in the sculpting toolbar.

I am working on making the eyes bigger now. I got the nose narrower.

As I understand, any sort of sculpting will add too many polies for my computer to handle. Once you retopologize, you can’t sculpt again unless you want to retopologize it again. I don’t want to go through that (it took me about 12 hours to retopologize).

Correct me if I’m wrong, though.

1 Like

Sorry, double reply. Tell me your opinion, please. Does this look better? The eyes are 25% bigger. I didn’t add corners to them, yet.

Here’s what the head is like:

And rendered without body hair looks much better… not so fat-faced anymore, haha. I think I can always change things up later if I need to.

1 Like

Starting to look much better! There is more of an impression of an eye socket now and the face is less football-shaped. I think slightly altering the curves running down from the corner of the eye to the nose might be the finishing touch! That and adding eyelids!

The actual topology looks great. Good job!

1 Like

Great! Thank you for the input! :smiley:

1 Like

Also, you’ve made great use of the curves around the brows, nose and mouth. Hopefully the fur does not hide their subtlety!

1 Like

Done according to your input.

And yeah the reason for those curves has all to do with retopology. Let me show you what it looked like before I did retopo on it (the head part–and see how many polygons it has… waaaay too many for my poor 635M card and 3210 processor):

As you can see, I did concave/convex, but it wasn’t enough of it and I didn’t want to make it look bad, hence the conservative editing/sculpting. I never did this before, as you can tell, and I have no experience.

1 Like

That looks much better!

1 Like

Thank you! All because of your input. I’m truly grateful. There are certain things I lack understanding in, and you’ve enlightened me! Very happy for your feedback!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms