Race Track Obstacle Course

After doing the prefabs scene in section one I wanted to continue with the car theme. So I grabbed my hatchback from the previous lecture (popped on a spoiler so it would go faster) and made a small race track.

I strayed away from the instructions a bit to make the car work more like a car (rotating etc) and by making the bumped objects blink instead staying red. Brand new to coding but going solving extra challenges helped me better understanding the very basics how C# works. Without a doubt I know that none of my “solutions” are “correct” (for example to get things to blink I strung a bunch of: Invoke (“DoThisThing”, 0.2f) together), but I imagine doing things the right way will come up in future lectures.

Great class so far.

1 Like

It looks fantastic!

Keep in mind that there is no “correct way” to do things, there are many, many ways to do all sorts of stuff, as long as it works and it doesn’t cause lag or the the frame rate to take a dive, it’s fine.

Thanks!

Indeed if it works, it works. Though, for sure the transform.translate movement method needs fixing. I intend to come back after I finish the “project boost” lectures as it seems some of the movement/thrust concepts will also apply to moving a car.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms