Quiz Topic - Hockey!

For my quiz topic, I am going with NHL hockey trivia. What topic are you choosing?

1 Like

Bro I love hockey, my number one sport, I have the Rangers winning the cup this year but we’ll see, also the leafs just won, so they’re up 3-1 in the series, my topic happened to also be hockey, I had stuff such as how many points gretzky has, or the penguins first Captain which many may think was lemuiex, awesome topic, can’t wait to see this in a game!

1 Like

Dude! Yes! I think the Rangers have a great chance this year. A deeper and more balanced team than last year even. I absolutely did not expect Toronto to be up 3-1 in this series. I actually just finished watching that game before I hopped back on to begin this project. I’m from St. Louis so I’m a die hard Blues fan. Oddly enough it has been nice to be able to watch every game and not have to stress about my team in playoffs haha. Who is your favorite team?

Great question choices by the way! Also thank you! I’m excited to have some fun with choosing questions for this project.

1 Like

My favorite team is the penguins, they missed the playoffs, but honestly I think it’s a good idea they missed, they can fix management and get one last shot with the core, I honestly thought the leafs had a good shot, but I thought they’d choke one more year.

1 Like

Very nice! Yeah, I agree. I was pretty surprised to see the front office firings they made but I think it will be good for them to get some fresh faces in management. It didn’t seem like the last group had much of a plan toward the end. I admittedly thought the Leafs would choke again this year but I think that lineup might be too good now. I think they finally have a group there that can overcome instead of falling apart.

1 Like

I agree, however you never know with the lighting, my bracket has the lighting in 7 and the jets in 7, those are my two that are bad.

1 Like

So true! If there is one team that can come back from 3-1 in a series it’s Tampa. I have Vegas in 7 but honestly it has been hard to root against the Jets. Another team that has surprised me has been the Kraken they’ve been way better than I thought they would be.

1 Like

I agree, I believe the kraken are winning rn, and same with Vegas, I had Colorado in 6 so that might be off a bit, despite this, there really isn’t many shockers, Boston is winning, Carolina doing its usual in the first round, Edmonton and la are tied, same with the rangers and devils. I guess we’ll be able to look back at this after the first round, I’m guessing I’ll get the jets/knights and lighting/leafs series wrong in terms of who wins:

Boston beats Florida 4-1
Carolina beats NY Islanders 4-2
Tampa beats Toronto 4-3
NY Rangers Beat New Jersey 4-3

Colorado beats Seattle 4-1
Dallas beats Minnesota 4-3
Winnipeg beats Vegas 4-3
LA beats Edmonton 4-3

I guess I’ll just have to wait and see how I do…

Edit: Colorado has come back from down 2, and Winnipeg is within one, maybe I have a better chance with my bracket lol

1 Like

Yeah, it is pretty much going the way that I thought in this round so far. Not as many surprises as I thought there would be but I guess there is still time haha. Great picks! Mine looked very similar:

Boston beats Florida 4-2
Carolina beat NY Islanders 4-2
Tampa beats Toronto 4-3
NY Rangers beat New Jersey 4-3

Seattle beats Colorado 4-3
Dallas beats Minnesota 4-2
Vegas beats Winnipeg 4-3
LA beats Edmonton 4-3

Selfishly I’m hoping for a lot of long series but I don’t think we’ll get as many as I have in my picks.

1 Like

Nice bracket, I wonder whether Seattle could pull of an upset, I believe we’ll have long series with the exception of Boston and Florida, I’m assuming your name is modeled after Robert Thomas?

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah that Seattle pick was kind of just a hope pick for me. I like them but I wasn’t sure if they had what it takes but they’ve been putting up a fight so far. It’s actually just my name Roger Thomas but I thought about putting his #18 instead of 11 haha.

1 Like

I see, I’m a little more confident in Seattle now that they tied the series, so you may get a lot more points in your bracket compared to most others who have Colorado in the WCF

1 Like

That Quiz Master section was a bit of a mess for me but I got it done and learned a lot! I might take the rest of the night off and watch that Seattle vs. Colorado game.

See that’s where I messed up this year, I didn’t actually get in on any bracket challenges or bets for the playoffs. I just made my own picks.

1 Like

I see, a lot of people have struggles with the quiz mastee, mostly people say its because of lack of teaching, rather the instructor telling you what to do, it’s more of a course for somebody who knows everything and wants to know how to use their knowledge in a certain way, I struggled a bit with the course at the time, but for me it was simply my lack of knowledge, it’s a little hard to comprehend certain things given my age, Tilevania is an amazing game btw, Panthers and Bruins it Ot rn, should be interesting to see who clutches up.

Edit: My Tilevania comments were a broad statement in case you might have struggled, it seems every one has, nice that you learned a lot!

1 Like

Yeah, I think for me it was just a lack of knowledge too. I was able to soak up a lot of great info but there were a few points where I was a bit lost. Yeah, I totally get that. How old are you? I haven’t started TileVania yet but I’m super excited. I love platformer style games so I can’t wait to get started. I’m looking for sprite sheets right now but not sure what kind of look I’m going for.

I saw that Florida was able to make it happen in OT! That’s crazy, should be a fun game 6.

1 Like

Wow, Florida in ot, game 6 on the way, my bracket said Boston in 5, pretty close to being perfect lol, more hockey on the bright side, I turned 15 a week ago, what about you?

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with more hockey! I’m 26 and turning 27 next month. I have pretty limited programming experience. I’ve taken some courses on web development but I recently decided to try learning Unity and C# and it’s been great so far.

1 Like

Sounds good, I’ve been doing game dev since I was 8 believe it or not, but nothing seems to stick, I know a decent amount of coding, but I’m not advanced enough to really get a job with it, it to make an advanced game. This i guess has turned into a place to talk hockey, wouldn’t be surprised if we’re still talking when the finals roll around which I’m now saying will be the Rangers and Oilers.

Privacy & Terms