Quiz- Random Game History

So, this section gave me the most trouble. The good thing is the community really seemed to also share the same struggles in this and came up with some helpful work arounds on some real big game breaking bugs in the original code. Highly recommend looking through the comments if you’re also having trouble. Additionally, upon recommendation from another user (Andrew@Hirst) I’m going to go back to the original version of the course for Number Wizard UI to get some better understanding on Arrays and Loops. I hate to be critical here, but I didn’t really feel like I learnt any coding aside from copying and pasting and researching through the community to find alternative solutions to a situation. With all the issues I didn’t really want to put any more effort than was necessary to complete this section to be honest. I know it doesn’t look great or probably even good I just wanted it done frankly. Quiz Game History | ShareMyGame.com

1 Like

I played it, everything was good. I feel your pain as this was a bit of a boring game for me too. It does give really useful UI stuff so making menus and other UIs will be easy after this, but it did suffer a bit from being a little over complicated feeling.

I’m not sure if it’s just Unity being Unity or if Gary just doesn’t sound as excited as Rick from previous tutorials. But I do feel like many people might have gotten lost or been put off by some of the coding.

I’ve learned quite a lot of programming in multiple languages and I remember thinking…gee, I’m glad I already understood this. But to be honest, this is what programming is more like than the other tutorials.

Either way, good job and keep going, it might take a long time but if you really want it, you can get there.

Privacy & Terms