Quiz questions missing images!

Hi - All of the quiz questions are suddenly missing the images (I tried restarting my computer and trying other browsers, no luck). The videos all still work. Is something going on at Udemy’s side? I’m taking the exam tomorrow & planned to spend today reviewing, so I’m hoping this can be solved quickly!

Hello Christine,

Is this for a specific quiz? If so, can you advise which section / quiz number etc.

It happened for the first time on Quiz 27, but now when I click on any quiz (including ones I’d done earlier this morning), the images are all missing.

I just tried using the app on my phone & it’s also not working there.

I will check at this end also, thanks for the above in…

@christine, which questions had images? I’m looking at quiz 27 at the moment, only on question 3 but they are bullet points for the answers… was there a specific question I can check this end too?

For example, question 4…

I think it was #5 on that quiz, but I’ll go back to look for some.

This is what I see for question 5…

After the spinner runs off to get an image, this message appears - do you receive the same?

Yes, exactly, and I’m getting that for every image (most of the quizzes have one or two questions with images). It’s just been a problem the past couple hours, whenever I first posted. Before that it was fine.

Ok, so at least we are seeing the same which definitely rules out any localised issues.

I know when video content is updated it takes a little while for that to be processed at the Udemy end before it appears, but I am not aware of anything like that which takes place for the quizzes.

I have raised this with @Ben directly and also sent an email to the Udemy Support team on your behalf (support@udemy.com) to raise this with them.

Updated Tue Feb 28 2017 19:39

Looking at the URL for the image in question on this specific quiz which is missing, the URL when pasted into a browser directly generates this error:

Could be an issue with Udemy’s hosting provided (AmazonAWS) by the looks of it. As soon as I hear anything I will update through here.

Thanks for the help (I’m taking the exam tomorrow & had planned to use this afternoon for a review, so I appreciate the fast response!)

1 Like

You’re welcome… fingers crossed its resolved soon…

@christine, I note you mentioned it’s the afternoon for you where you are, would you mind me asking where you are located… I am looking at the service status page for Amazon AWS and it looks like they have some fairly wide spread issues…

Updated Tue Feb 28 2017 22:24

Automated email response from Udemy. That seems considerably slower than normal also, potentially mail services are being effected also.

Updated Tue Feb 28 2017 22:52

@christine, I’ve just logged into Udemy again and, at this end at least, the images appear to be working (I have only check the one quiz/question thus far).

It was most definitely the Amazon AWS S3 issue…

Resolved now according to their status page.

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

See also;

Privacy & Terms